Dakota County Economic Development Strategy
“We envision Dakota County as a globally competitive economy that is vigorous, diversified and innovative, providing opportunity and prosperity for businesses and residents alike, while sustaining a healthy environment and a superior quality of life.” – Dakota County Economic Development Strategy
Since 2007, Dakota County CDA, Dakota County and cities in Dakota County have been working together to strive towards Dakota County’s Strategic Initiatives for Economic Development in order to enhance and coordinate economic conditions at a local level.
Dakota County’s Strategic Initiatives for Economic Development:
- Invest in Transportation and Transit Networks
- Coordinate Strategic Infrastructure and Land Development
- Link Workforce Development and Economic Development
- Create Prospect Response Capacity
- Provide Quality Workforce Housing
- Strengthen Development-Related Research and Policy Capacity
For more information on the Dakota County Economic Development Strategy, contact the Director of Community and Economic Development at 651-675-4467.