Scattered Site Public Housing
The Scattered Site Public Housing Program is designed to provide affordable housing for families with low- or moderate-incomes through a variety of housing options. Participants pay 30% of their monthly income towards rent.
The CDA currently owns and manages public housing properties throughout Dakota County, including:
- Single family homes
What are the income requirements?
A minimum amount of income is not required.
|Household Size||Preference Income||Maximum Income|
Income limits are as of May 2016. Income limits are subject to change.
*1-person households are only eligible for housing at Colleen Loney Manor
Preference is given to applicants who currently live, work, are hired to work or go to school full-time in Dakota County and whose incomes are between the preference and maximum income limits for the program.
How do I apply?
First, fill out an application. Applications are available at the CDA office located at 1228 Town Centre Drive, Eagan, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Applications must be filled out at the CDA office.
To accommodate those who are unable to apply during these hours, the CDA is open on the third Tuesday of each month until 7 p.m.
To complete the Scattered Site Public Housing Program application, you will need:
- Birth dates and Social Security Numbers for all members of the household
- Amount of annual (yearly) gross income (before taxes) for the household
- Name & address of Dakota County Employer or School, if applicant does not live in Dakota County
Applicants for the Scattered Site Public Housing Program must meet eligibility requirements, including:
- Meeting program income guidelines
- Providing good landlord and credit references
- Passing a criminal history check
Preference is given to individuals who currently live, work, are hired to work or go to school in Dakota County.
Waiting lists for the Scattered Site Public Housing Program are grouped by cities:
- Apple Valley/Rosemount
- Inver Grove Heights/West St. Paul
Applicants will be placed on the waiting list according to preference in this order:
- Residency preference, income preference: Applicants who are Dakota County residents and who are between the preference and maximum income limits for the program.
- Residency preference, non-income preference: Applicants who are Dakota County residents and whose incomes are below the preference income limits for the program
Please Note: The non-resident waiting list for the Scattered Site Public Housing Program is closed. Applicants who do not live in Dakota County or qualify with the income preferences listed above will not be placed on the Scattered Site Public Housing waiting list.
What happens after I apply?
After you submit your completed Scattered Site Public Housing Program application to the CDA:
Step 1. The application is screened for initial eligibility.
Step 2. If you are eligible, you will receive a letter letting you know that your application has been processed and you are now on the Scattered Site Public Housing Program’s interest list.
Step 3. Once your name approaches the top of the interest list, you will receive a letter to call and schedule a briefing appointment.
Step 4. At your briefing appointment, you will verify your income, rental history, credit and criminal background check. Your application fee is due at this time.
Step 5. Your application will be approved or denied.
- If approved: you will be placed on the waiting list until a unit becomes available.
- If denied: you will be removed from the waiting list. You may apply again if your situation changes and you meet eligibility requirements.
Step 6. You are offered a unit when one becomes available.
How do I update my address, phone number or income?
Whether you’ve changed your address, household members or income, it’s important that you keep this information up to date to ensure you are contacted when a unit becomes available for you.
To update your address, household members or income:
- Print out the Workforce & Public Housing Change Form or call 651-675-4504 to request a paper copy of the form.
- Fill out the change form.
- Return the change form to the CDA.