Rent Affordability Calculator
Are you trying to figure out how much rent you can afford based on your income? Use the rent affordability calculator below.
- The affordability calculator only applies to new contracts.
- It views the landlord’s requested rent from an affordability standpoint. HUD regulations stipulate that the rent for a Housing Choice Voucher participant be both reasonable and affordable. Therefore, even though the calculator shows that the requested rent is affordable, this does not mean that it is necessarily reasonable. Once the rent reasonableness test has been conducted, you could be presented with a final rent offer for less than your original request.
- Income, family composition and payment standards are subject to change after the completion of the affordability test.
- Unit bedroom size will be confirmed at the inspection.
- This calculator is a guideline for rent costs only. This calculator does not necessarily represent your actual final rental costs.
*Do not use commas or decimals (periods or dots) when entering amounts.