CEO Next Business Institute
Are you an independent business owner in Dakota County –
- Feeling overwhelmed with your growing business and struggling to manage it?
- Realizing you can’t do it all and need to build a team?
- Wanting to develop strategic plans, processes, and organizational structure to achieve sustainable and profitable expansion?
- No longer needing to chase sales but want to strategically invest time and resources to capture new markets, new industries, or new products?
Recognizing the impact growing businesses make on the local economy, the Dakota County CDA has partnered with our neighbor communities (Scott, Ramsey, and Hennepin Counties & City of Saint Paul) to offer the CEO Next program to Dakota County businesses.
The Dakota County CDA is seeking to sponsor three qualified business CEOs to participate in the 2019/2020 CEO Next Business Institute that will start late October/early November and go through June 2020.
What is It?
The Dakota County CDA provides scholarships for owners of “second stage” growing businesses to participate in the 2019/2020 CEO Next Business Institute. Dakota County CDA has funding to sponsor three local businesses. Over the eight-month program, participants receive:
- Expertise. Approximately 40 – 50 hours of advanced research from a team of topical experts and research specialists located throughout the country.
- Peer learning. CEO round tables (8 half-day sessions) provide confidential space where participants can share challenges and experiences with a small cohort of other noncompeting industry CEOs. Roundtables meet once a month during the program and are led by an experienced facilitator.
- Forum events. Forums are held monthly with a guest speaker, typically an entrepreneur who has grown their business, who will share successes and struggles while answering audience questions.
CEO Next is a time commitment, and we know time is essential for owners of growing businesses. But we believe time dedicated to the CEO Next program will be worth it for these businesses to learn tools and techniques to continue successfully growing.
What businesses are eligible?
- For-profit, privately-held businesses
- 10 – 99 employees
- Annual revenue between $1 Million – $50 Million
- Ready to transition from small to large – past start-up state but not yet mature
- Appetite and aptitude for growth
How to I apply?
Applications for CEO Next are no longer being accepted for the 2019-2020 year. Please contact Lisa Alfson (651-675-4467 or email@example.com) for more information about applying to the 2020-2021 CEO Next program.