Youth Supportive Housing
Due to the demand for more youth-focused supportive services, the CDA developed a supportive housing development for young adults (18-24). Lincoln Place is a shared vision of the CDA, Dakota County Social Services and the Wilder Foundation.
Lincoln Place is a 24-unit apartment development in Eagan located near transit and commercial opportunities. Residents of Lincoln Place pay 30% of their income towards rent each month, with the exception of Group Residential Housing (GRH) units.
Building Amenities include:
- 24-hour staffed front desk
- Secured entrances
- Exercise room
- Conference Room & Office Space
- Laundry facilities
- On-site caretaker
- Computer Room
- Smoke-free property
What are the eligibility requirements?
Lincoln Place serves homeless youth and/or youth who have a disability between ages 18-24 in single-occupancy units. In addition to these preferences and eligibility requirements, participants must:
- Pass a drug/alcohol test (urinalysis) at entry and be willing to comply with a drug/alcohol-free policy
- Meet HUD definition for homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Be capable of living independently, with supports
- Be in school, working, or productive in some other manner a minimum of 20 hours/week
- Qualify as a resident or community member of Dakota County, or wish to re-establish residency in Dakota County
- Pass a criminal background check
- Some units may require a form of disability or diagnosis of a Serious Mental Illness.
How do I apply?
To apply for Lincoln Place, call the Dakota County Housing Resources Line at 651-554-5751, select option #2.