Home Improvement Loan Program
The Home Improvement Loan Program assists low- and moderate-income homeowners with making repairs and improvements to their homes.
Home Improvement Loans are commonly used for:
- Roof replacement
- Furnace replacement
- Electrical and plumbing repairs
- Improvements for special needs, such as ramps, bathroom or kitchen modifications
Home Improvement Loans feature:
- Zero percent interest
- No monthly payments
- Repayable when ownership changes or you move from the property. You may be required to repay the loan if you refinance your home or take out a home equity loan.
- $15,000 loan minimum; $35,000 loan limit
Income limits are as of June 15, 2022 and are subject to change.
Do I qualify?
Eligible applicants must:
- Own their home
- Have sufficient equity in the property
- Have a satisfactory credit history
- Have a gross annual income within the program income limits.
How do I apply?
To apply, print out the Home Improvement Loan Program Application or call 651-675-4462 to request a paper copy of the application. Fill out the application and return it to the CDA.
Home Improvement Loan Program Application
Please note: the Home Improvement Loan Program currently has a waiting list. Wait times could be significant and will vary depending on the time of year, the city in which you live and the availability of funds.
If you have questions about Home Improvement Loans call 651-675-4462.