Variety of Businesses
Dakota County is home to a wide variety of business. In 2017, seven different business sectors employed more than 10,000 people:
- Retail Trade: 24,111
- Health Care and Social Assistance: 23,778
- Manufacturing: 19,285
- Accommodations & Food Service: 15,718
- Transportation and Warehousing: 14,651
- Educational Services: 13,654
- Finance & Insurance: 12,478
There are also strong markets for construction, wholesale trade, and waste management and remediation services.
In 2017, 57% of jobs (98,089 of 171,903) paid above 200% of the federal poverty guideline for a family of four, which is about $50,200/year or $24.13/hour.